But every once in a while, I come across a Pinterest idea that meets all of my exacting requirements for a craft.
A KID craft, that is. I don't do crafts by myself. I take naps by myself.
The exacting requirements are as follows:
- Requires no errands. Meaning, I have all the supplies in the house. And can find them.
- Costs zero dollars. Not $5. Not $1. Zeroooooo.
- Can be completed in 10-15 minutes or less, thereby matching the attention span of my children.
- Requires no prep. Meaning, I don't have to do ANYTHING ahead of time. No preparing of materials, no mixing, no smacking my kids away from the table while I JUST TRY TO GET YOUR STUPID CRAFT READY FOR YOU, GEEZ.
- Requires absolutely no skill, talent, or crafty-type knowledge. Because I have none. None. (Refer back to my thoughts on the zeroooooo.)
He met all of my requirements.
I love him.
Henry loves him. Maggie loves him.
10 points for Pinterest.